German Intelligence Claims Pro-Russian Separatists Downed MH17
Der Spiegel, Oct 19 2014
After completing a detailed analysis, Germany’s foreign intelligence service, the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND), has concluded that pro-Russian rebels were responsible for the crash of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 on July 19 in eastern Ukraine while on route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur. In an Oct 8 presentation given to members of the Bundestag control committee, the body responsible for monitoring the work of German intelligence, BND President Gerhard Schindler provided ample evidence to back up his case, including satellite images and diverse photo evidence. The BND has intelligence indicating that pro-Russian separatists captured a “Buk” air defense missile system at a Ukrainian military base and fired a missile on Jul 17 that exploded in direct proximity to the Malaysian aircraft, which had been carrying 298 people. Evidence obtained shortly after the accident suggested the aircraft had been shot down by pro-Russian militants. Both the governments of Russia and Ukraine had mutually accused each other of responsibility for the crash. After a Dutch investigative commission reviewed the flight recorder, it avoided placing any blame for the crash. Some 189 residents of the Netherlands perished in the downing of Flight MH17. BND’s Schindler says his agency has come up with unambiguous findings. One is that Ukrainian photos have been manipulated and that there are details indicating this. He also told the panel that Russian claims the missile had been fired by Ukrainian soldiers and that a Ukrainian fighter jet had been flying close to the passenger jet were false. “It was pro-Russian separatists,” Schindler said of the crash, which involved the deaths of four German citizens. A spokesman for the German Federal Prosecutor’s Office told SPIEGEL that an investigation has been opened into unknown perpetrators because of the possibility that the crash had been a war crime.
Germany blames pro-Russian rebels for MH17 passenger plane crash
Madeline Chambers, Reuters, Oct 19 2014
BERLIN – Germany’s BND foreign intelligence agency has concluded that pro-Russian rebels are to blame for the downing of Malaysia Airline MH17 in Ukraine in July, Der Spiegel weekly reported on Sunday, the first European agency to say so. The crash over pro-Russian rebel-held territory in eastern Ukraine on Jul 17 killed all 298 passengers and crew and led to a further deterioration of ties between the West and Moscow, who are in dispute over Russia’s role in the Ukraine crisis. Gerhard Schindler, president of the BND, told a secret parliamentary committee on security affairs earlier this month that separatists had used a Russian “Buk” missile defense system from a Ukrainian base to fire a rocket that exploded directly next to the Malaysia Air plane, Der Spiegel reported. “It was pro-Russian separatists,” the magazine quoted him as saying. The BND concluded the rebels were to blame after a detailed analysis based on satellite and other photos, Der Spiegel said. No-one at the BND was immediately available to comment. Kiev blames the incident on the rebels and accused Moscow of arming them, but the rebels and Moscow deny the accusations. European governments have so far refrained from openly pointing the finger but, shortly after the crash, Jackass Kerry said there was strong evidence that Moscow-backed separatists had downed the plane. The Dutch government, which has two investigations underway into the downing of the airliner, has yet to say who was responsible. Two thirds of the passengers were Dutch. A preliminary report by the Dutch Safety Board last month said the airliner crashed due to a “large number of high-energy objects” from outside the aircraft. It drew no conclusions as to where they came from.
Colonel Cassad, Oct 19 2014 23:51
Briefly on the statements of German intelligence on the subject of what Malaysian Boeing still knocked militia.
1. It is obvious that efforts to hang the Boeing shootdown on Russia have failed. The plane was shot down in July, it’s now the second half of October, and slender pictures bloody Putin confounding hands Strelkova peaceful aircraft not built. But as pressure on Russia in Novorossia and Crimea saved and to press Russia (as the negotiations in Milan showed) is not obtained, the EU pulls out and tries again to run pretty protogrow history with Boeing and “Buks”.
2. It is not difficult to notice that the main blow is directed against the official Russian version (which by the way a subject no one has denied that the Usaians have so far relied on certain classified data, where the whole TRUTH, but they will not show), which is based on documented facts of finding a Ukrainian Su-25 close to Boeing at the time of the disaster. The EU is trying to shift attention from the version of the Su-25 to the version with “Buk”, which originally was the basis of the position of the junta, according to Boeing. But since summer all the evidence-based version of the junta collapsed unable to withstand the collision with reality, the degree of controversy plummeted, because to present Russia had nothing. And so time passed and the old hurdy-gurdy launched again.
3. The problem here is that formally, the militia has both Su-25 attack aircraft and system “Buk”. But their captured Su-25 has made only one flight, a bombing run over the junta position junta near Aleksandrovka, and more did not appear in the summaries. As for the “Buk” captured by one of the militia units, it was in an unusable state, and the junta itself reported after his capture that “terrorists seized “Buk”, but we all heroically broke it.” The militia before the shootdown of the Boeing also confirmed that the “Buk” they had was not working and that to fix it would be difficult. (But they reported shooting down an Antonov An-26 with it, on Jul 14 – RB), But the Ukrainian “Buks” have already been deployed in a combat situation, as recorded by Russian satellites. Ultimately, the German accusations contain nothing new, and are merely trying to stir up interest in the subject in order to strengthen informational and political pressure on Russia, so that she will be more accommodating on Novorossia and the Crimea.
4. Persistent pushing of the topic “Buks”, is intended primarily to divert the discussion from the Russian version of the proven facts about the presence of the Su-25 close to the Boeing, because of the fact that the junta and the EU have nothing to say, so they are trying to translate the discussion into the mainstream, “It’s your Buk”, “No, it’s your Buk”. With the Su-25 it is much more difficult, since Russia has the proof, and the junta and the EU have no means of refuting it.
5. In General, cheap efforts to pin the Boeing shootdown on Russia or on the militia supported by them, are not very successful in the current realities because although they make information waves, they do not entail significant re-evaluation of already existing facts, which Europe finds hard to refute. Russia has generally been very good at staying away from this obvious provocation, and re-visits from this side are unlikely to be successful.
strelkov is now getting the same treatment as gloomy petrovsky did last week, viz, every word he says on the so-called “secret forum” is swooped on by the news media
Strelkov: Russia will not receive money for gas
NovorossInform, Oct 19 2014 21:55
Igor Strelkov answered the questions of journalists (not, of course, journalists – RB) about the gas talks between Russia and Kiev. He is confident that concessions from Russia will not lead to the lifting of sanctions, nor to the reduction of pressure:
- Igor, I would like to clarify: are you sure that “Russia will now determined to go forward”? Will not many be satisfied if, for example, the results of the “gas talks” are more or less successful and so on?
- Many people would be satisfied. Well, who will give them the satisfaction? USA (percussion instrument of the global oligarchy) is determined to finish us off. So, the war continues and will continue. Poroshenko just resumed his old cheating game, which he already successfully played in the spring, quickly transporting the stolen gas into storage. Russia, as a result, will not receive any money for gas, there will be no real truce in DNLR, and there will be no lifting of sanctions. In short, we don’t get anything, we continually lose. The war in Novorossia will be a constantly bleeding ulcer in the underbelly of Russia. If Novorossia surrenders, the problem will be transferred to the Crimea and all will continue on the new circle.
About the elections in LDNR:
By the way, no joke: the example of Alexander Bednov (‘Batman’) from Lugansk can be quite worthy of emulation. Dude decided to register a candidate for the elections of the head of LNR and compete against Plotnitsky. When he tried to apply, the protection squad of the administration building opened warning fire and prevented him. The Bednov left and returned with his military unit and, as if by magic, was registered :) .
Taken here: http://kolobok1973.livejournal.com/3087572.html