NB to documentation hounds: the David Swanson/ Craig Murray interview from Tuesday Dec 13 is here as an audiofile. If we had a transcript, I don’t recall it – RB
The “Elite” Coup Of 2016
Moon of Alabama, Dec 14 2016
- There is an “elite” coup attempt underway against President-elect Trump.
- The coup is orchestrated by the camp of Hillary Clinton in association with the CIA and neocon powers in Congress.
- The plan is to use the CIA’s “Russia made Trump the winner” nonsense to swing the electoral college against him. The case would then be bumped up to Congress. Major neocon and warmonger parts of the Republicans could then move the presidency to Clinton or, if that fails, put Trump’s vice president-elect Mike Pence onto the throne. The regular bipartisan war business, which a Trump presidency threatens to interrupt, could continue.
- Should the coup succeed, violent insurrections in Pindostan are likely to ensue with unpredictable consequences.
The above theses are thus far only a general outlay. No general plan has been published. The scheme though is pretty obvious by now. However, the following contains some speculation. The priority aim is to deny Trump the presidency. He is too independent and a danger for several power centers within the ruling power circles. The selection of Tillerson as new Sec State only reinforces this (Prediction: Bolton will not get the Deputy position.) Tillerson is for profitable stability, not for regime-change adventures. The institutional Trump enemies are:
- The CIA which has become the Central Assassination Agency under the Bush and Obama administrations. Huge parts of its budgets depend on a continuation of the war on Syria and the drone assassination campaigns in AfPak and elsewhere. Trump’s more isolationist policies would likely end these campaigns and the related budget troughs.
- The weapons industry which could lose its enormous sales to its major customers in the Persian Gulf should a President Trump reduce Pindosi interference in the Middle East and elsewhere.
- The neocons and Likudniks who want Pindostan as Israel’s weapon to strong arm the Middle East to the Zionists’ benefit.
- The general war hawks, military and “humanitarian interventionists” to whom any reduction of the Pindosi role as primary power in the world is anathema to their beliefs.
The current DCI Brennan, a leading figure of the CIA torture program and Obama consigliere, is in the Clinton/anti-Trump camp. The former CIA heads Hayden and Panetta are public Clinton supporters as is torturer king and former CIA deputy director Michael Morell. It is therefore no wonder that the CIA is leading the anti-Russian campaign. Its task now is to implant the idea in the minds of the Pindo sheeple that Russian intervention skewed the Pindo election towards Trump. The purpose is the delegitimization of the Trump victory in the eyes of the media and public but even more so in the eyes of the electors within the electoral college. The CIA is heavily supported by the same mainstream media that pushed for Clinton during the election. These are, not by chance, also the same media that pushed the CIA’s earlier “Saddam’s WMDs” campaign. The Democrat partisan and Harvard law Professor Lawrence Lessig is pushing the electors and offersthem free personal legal support. He says the electoral college vote is now close. If 37 Republican electors, put there by voters in their states to vote for Trump, can be convinced to move from electing Trump to abstain or vote for someone else, Trump would miss the needed 270 votes. The whole election of the president would then by kicked up to the House of Representatives. Should the electors vote for Trump, there is still a possibility that members of the House and the Senate could officially question that vote and cause delays or Congressional probes and legal challenges.
Here are the detailed general proceedings and specifics for the electoral college as explained by the National Archives and Records Administration. Though neocons have no genuine support within the Pindo electorate, they have a strong hold on significant parts of Congress and the relevant MSM commentariat. Many leading neocons and war hawks like Robert Kagan, Max Boot and the WaPo editorial board came out for Clinton during the campaign. Clinton even ran campaign advertisements with Republican Congress critturs like Lindsay Graham, Sasse and Flake. The House and the Senate majority may well be on the anti-Trump side if push comes to shove. But whatever the outcome, there surely would be intense legal challenges, and I expect the case to go up to the Supreme Court. As an alternative to legal shenanigans, Trump’s inauguration could be delayed by Obama’s order to the intelligence community to create a formal review of Russian intervention in the election by Jan 20. That is not by chance the official inauguration date! The selling point:
By ordering a “full review” of allegations of Russian into the 2016 election process, Obama is essentially asking the intelligence community to make an analytical judgment about the validity of the election that will place Trump in the Oval Office.
A “compromise” in Congress could be to wait for the Intelligence Community’s analysis and then discuss it before certifying Trump as president. That would end up with no result, as NIEs are notoriously vague. Meanwhile, the Vice President-elect would sit in as acting President:
If the President-elect fails to qualify before inauguration, Section 3 of the 20th Amendment states that the Vice President-elect will act as President until such a time as a President has qualified.
If the congressional or legal process around the Trump election gets delayed, that may be a state for a long time. The ruling Washington blob or borg could well live with an acting President Pence while Trump would have no official say in any government business. Could Clinton then become acting VP or qualify as the new president? The media intervention on the anti-Trump side is heavy. But first keep in mind that there is no public evidence, ZERO, that Russia indeed had anything to do with the DNC or Podesta or other leaks and the publication of emails by various outlets like Wikileaks. Craig Murray assures us that he knows that these were not hacks but insider leaks and that he knows the leaker(s). Indeed he now tells us that the emails were handed over to him during a visit in Washington (In the latest interview he says otherwise – RB). Former intelligence officials including the technically very knowledgeable former NSA official William Binney concur that the hacking story is false. All we have heard or seen so far are hearsay rumors and allegations of evidence. To me as experienced IT professional the case is technically laughable, just as Murray explains here.
If the claimed hacks occurred at all, the alleged methods were so common that anybody could have done them. There is not even one claimed fact yet that is technically half-way acceptable as evidence that “Russia did it.” But still the NYT runs a big package of pieces telling us that “Russia did it” based on the non-factual CIA rumors and unprofessional IT assertions by Crowdstrike, the self-promoting IT security company the DNC hired and paid. Before that, the WaPo published major claims of Russian interference by anonymous officials. NBC News now tops that with “intelligence officials” saying Putin himself ran the hacking campaign. Authors of the story are the long time insider hacks Bill Arkin and Ken Dilanian knownfor clearing his stories with the CIA before publishing. The next story will tells us that Vladimir Valdimirovich himself was punching the keyboard. Many news outlets and editorials follow these “leads”. Part of the scheme the Clinton campaign has worked out was explained by a former opposition research consultant to the DNC, the Pindo-Ukrainian Alexandra (aka Andrea) Chalupa, in this thread:
Andrea Chalupa @AndreaChalupa Dec 11:
- Electoral College meets Dec 19. If Electors ignore #StateOfEmergency we’re in, & Trump gets elected, we can stop him Jan 6 in Congress
- If any objections to Electoral College vote are made, they must be submitted in writing, signed by at least 1 House member & 1 Senator
- If objections are presented, House & Senate withdraw to their chambers to consider their merits under procedures set out in federal law.
Editorials and op-eds in the major papers are pushing the scheme along. Just for example from a long list, A J Dionne in the WaPo:
The CIA’s finding that Russia actively intervened in our election to make Trump president is an excellent reason for the electors to consider whether they should exercise their independent power. At the very least, they should be briefed on what the CIA knows, and in particular on whether there is any evidence that Trump or his lieutenants were engaged with Russia during the campaign.
The NYT editorial laments about Trump ridiculing the CIA fairy tales it promotes. Many people who have voted for Trump would be disgusted and outraged if or when Trump will be denied his office. Many of them are armed and would protest. Violence is ensured should the coup succeed. Trump selected four former generals to joins his cabinet and staff. Should the troubles escalate, we might be roughly in for a scenario as laid out in the 1992 military paper: The Origins of the Pindo Military Coup of 2012 (pdf) by Charles J Dunlap.