Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway allegedly punched a man in the face at the “Deplora-Ball”
Chris Sommerfeldt, NY Daily News, Jan 24 2017
Top Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway allegedly punched a tuxedo-clad man at an exclusive inauguration ball just hours after the new commander-in-chief was sworn in, according to a witness. Conway, who serves as President Trump’s senior counselor, apparently stepped between two men after they got into a scuffle at the invite-only Liberty Ball on Friday evening, an attendee told the Daily News. But the two men wouldn’t break up the fight and Conway apparently punched one of them in the face with closed fists at least three times, according to the stunned onlooker. It was not immediately clear what triggered the fistfight and a Trump spox did not immediately return a request for comment. Fox Business correspondent Charlie Gasparino gave an account of the brawl in a Monday Facebook post
Inside the ball we see a fight between two guys in tuxes, and then suddenly out of nowhere came Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, who began throwing some mean punches at one of the guys. Whole thing lasted a few mins, no one was hurt except maybe the dude she smacked.
Gasparino emphasized in the post that he did not “exaggerate” any part of his account, adding, “Now I know why trump hired her.” Conway is currently under fire for using the term “alternative facts” to defend White House press secretary Sean Spicer’s false claim that the crowd at Trump’s inauguration was “the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period.”
Kellyanne Conway Gets Secret Service Protection After Death Threats
Tyler Durden, Zero Hedge, Jan 24 2017
Kellyanne Conway, arguably Trump’s most recognizable aide, has been assigned Secret Service protection after receiving threats against her life, presumably from tolerant anti-Trump protesters. Conway had previously blasted the president-elect’s critics, namely Hillary Clinton supporters, for fueling a barrage of death threats against her. Conway said during an interview with Chris Matthews on MSNBC Hardball on Thursday, referring in part to claims that the Trump campaign gave a platform to white nationalists:
Anytime I respond, anytime I defend myself against these … allegations that are now leading to death threats … I’m seen as ungracious. Why are we sore winners? I’m not a sore winner! I’m a winner! My guy is a winner! He’s the next POTUS!
As the NY Post reports, it is unclear what threats Conway, Trump’s final campaign manager, was facing, but during a recent interview with Sean Hannity on Fox News, Conway said that multiple packages containing “white substances” have been delivered to her home, causing panic. She told the sympathetic Fox host:
We have packages delivered to my house with white substances. That is a shame. Because of what the press is doing now to me, I have Secret Service protection.
But while her Secret Service detail is unusual, it is not without precedents. Barack Obama’s closest adviser, Valerie Jarrett, also was protected by the agency. Asked about the relationship between Trump’s top advisers, herself, Steve Bannon, Jared Kushner and Reince Priebus, Conway said it was good. She told the WaPo:
We’re a cohesive unit. The senior team exhibits many of the characteristics President Trump has always valued: cohesion, collaboration, high energy and high impact. According to the report, Conway will be focused on health care and issues related to veterans, and is expecting to spend less time on TV.
Given the lack of consequence to Madonna’s “bomb the White House” remarks, it is perhaps not entirely surprising that death threats are tossed about.