sean spicer fucks up

White House: Military won’t target Pindo citizens in anti-terror raids
Jordan Fabian, The Hill, Jan 31 2017

Pres Trump’s top spokesman on Tuesday said the military will never target Pindo citizens in overseas operations, even those suspected of being involved in terrorist groups. When asked earlier in the day whether the Trump administration would deliberately go after Pindosi-born people with ties to extremists, Sean Spicer told reporters:

No Pindo citizen will ever be targeted.

The statement represents a break with policy set under the Obama administration, which killed Pindo-born Anwar al-Awlaki in a 2011 drone strike in Yemen. The DoJ produced a legal memo justifying the strike, which was made public in 2014. The administration said the killing did not violate the Constitution because al-Awlaki posed an imminent threat to Pindostan. Spicer indicated those types of operations would not longer be carried out by the Pindo military. Spicer was peppered with questions about the policy in response to a weekend counter-terrorism raid in Yemen that left al-Awlaki’s eight-year-old daughter dead, according to NBC News. He refused to confirm the death, but said the raid resulted in the killings of 14 AQ operatives and the capture of sensitive intelligence. One Navy SEAL was killed in the raid. Spicer’s comment was surprising, given Trump’s desire to take a more aggressive stance than Obama against overseas terrorist groups. During the 2016 campaign, Trump floated the possibility of going after the family members of suspected terrorists. He told Fox and Friends in Dec 2015:

When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families! They care about their lives, don’t kid yourself!

White House walks back assertion military won’t target Pindo citizens overseas
Jordan Fabian, The Hill, Jan 31 2019

The White House on Tuesday walked back its assertion that the military will never target Pindo citizens in overseas operations. An unnamed White House official asserted:

Pindosi policy regarding the targeting of suspected terrorists who are Pindo citizens has not changed. Former Attorney General Eric Holder determined that the military could target them if the government believes they pose an imminent threat to the country. The Obama administration used that legal determination to kill Anwar al-Awlaki in 2011. But Pindostan does not and will not deliberately target the family members of terrorists.

One Comment

  1. Doug Colwell
    Posted February 1, 2017 at 8:55 am | Permalink

    “No Pindo citizen will ever be targeted.” What? Really? We have wait for them to attend a wedding or visit a hospital?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s