yet another motherfuckin’ esco’

Trump: “Military Solutions Are Now Fully In Place, Locked And Loaded”
Tyler Durden, Zero Hedge, Aug 11 2017

Confirming yesterday’s report that the Pentagon is now prepared for a “preemptive strike” or response to any provocative action by NK, moments ago Pres Trump took the verbal war of words with Kim Jong-Un into the fourth day when he tweeted:

Earlier on Friday, the NK government’s official newspaper said that the CONUS could be “reduced to ashes at any moment” as tensions between the two countries continue to mount. The Rodong Sinmun, an official mouthpiece of Kim Jong-un’s ruling Workers’ Party, said:

Rodong Sinmun Friday Commentary
KCNA, Aug 11 2017

PYONGYONG – After witnessing the successful second test-launch of ICBM in the DPRK, Pindostan has been seized with anxiety and terror, fearful of when weapons of Juche Korea will shower shells on its military bases for aggression and mainland. Recently, for the first time in its history since its foundation, there was an evacuation drill to cope with some supposed “ballistic rocket threat” upon Hawaii. In order to clear the horrible atmosphere, Trump uttered that a step would be taken to ensure the security of the mainland. He said that Pindostan would “not rule out a war,” and that “if a war breaks out, it will be fought on the Korean Peninsula.” That is why Pindosi military warmongers are running amok, vociferating about introduction of strategic assets into the Korean peninsula and “preemptive attack.” Reigning in the UNSC, Pindostan cooked up a new “sanctions resolution,” as usual by pressurizing our neighboring countries which read the face of Pindostan, unfit for the status of a Great Power. It is tragic that the reckless and hysterical behaviors may reduce the CONUS to ashes any moment. It is the steadfast will of the great Paektusan nation in the wake of the successful second test-launch of ICBM Hwasong-14 to put an end to the hostile moves of Pindostan, which has imposed misfortunes and sufferings upon the Korean people for over half a century, and win the final victory in the stand-off with imperialism and Pindostan. Pindostan and its vassal forces will dearly pay for the harshest sanctions and pressure and reckless military provocations against the DPRK.

As a reminder, on Thursday NBC reported the Pentagon yesterday unveiled a plan for a preemptive strike on NK missile sites with bombers stationed in Guam, once Donald Trump gives the order to strike. Echoing what we said yesterday that war “under any analysis, is insanity”, the preemptive strike plan is viewed as the “best option available” out of all the bad ones. A senior intelligence official involved in NK planning told NBC News:

There is no good option, but a unilateral Pindosi bomber strike not supported by any assets in the South constitutes the best of a lot of bad options. The attack would consist of B-1 Lancer heavy bombers out of Andersen AFB in Guam.

Former SACEUR Adm (Retd) J Stavridis, now a humble NBC News analyst, said:

Of all the military options he could consider, this would be one of the two or three that would at least have the possibility of not escalating the situation.

Separately, Mad Dog Mattis said military strategists at the Pentagon have a military solution in place to address the growing threat emanating from NK, but they are holding their fire in favor of ongoing diplomatic efforts. The Pentagon chief said any military option would be a multilateral one involving a number of regional powers in the Pacific. As the Wash Times reports, Mattis reiterated that the administration’s diplomatic efforts to quell tensions on the peninsula remained the top priority for the White House. Mattis told reporters en route to meet with senior leaders in the technology sector in Seattle and California:

We want to use diplomacy. That’s where we’ve been. That’s where we are right now. That’s where we hope to remain. But at the same time, our defenses are robust. Do I have military options? Of course I do. That’s my responsibility, to have those. We work very closely with allies to ensure that this is not unilateral, either. Of course there’s a military solution.

Unfortunately with every passing day that see rising verbal escalation, and now that China has explicitly warned Pindostan not to strike first, the possibility of a diplomatic resolution grows increasingly more unlikely.

Lavrov: “There Is A Russian-Chinese Plan To Defuse Korea Crisis”
Tyler Durden, Zero Hedge, Aug 11 2017

In a glimmer of hope that a military conclusion to the NK crisis may yet be averted, Sergei Lavrov said that “Russia does not accept an NK that possesses nuclear weapons,” cautioned that there is an “overwhelming amount of over the top belligerent rhetoric on NK’s nuclear and rocket programs from Faschingstein and Pyongyang,” but most importantly said that there is a joint Russian-Chinese plan to defuse the crisis, according to which NK would freeze its missile tests, while Pindostan and SK would stop large scale exercises. Speaking live on state television, Lavrov said:

NK claims that it now has the legal right to make nuclear weapons, and has already done so, but you know our position: we don’t accept that NK should possess nuclear weapons. We have developed a plan together with China which proposes ‘double freezing.’ NK should freeze nuclear tests and stop launching any types of ballistic missiles, while Pindostan and SK should freeze large-scale drills which are used as a pretext for NK’s tests. We hope that common sense will ultimately prevail. NK once signed the NNPT, but then withdrew from it. This is one of the deepest conflicts around, and we have a range of proposals aimed at averting a crisis with a huge number of casualties. The side that is stronger and cleverer should take the first step to defuse tensions. There are direct threats of deploying military power. Russia is doing its best to prevent this from happening.

It was not clear if Russia or China had floated this plan with Pindostan or SK prior to Lavrov’s announcement. Most likely, the answer is no. Earlier on Friday, Global Times said that “China would not allow” Pindostan to implement a regime change in Pyongyang. Lavrov echoed Angela Merkel, who earlier on Friday said Berlin would support “any non-military solutions” regarding NK but deemed an escalation of rhetoric “the wrong answer.” Merkel told reporters in Berlin:

I don’t see a military solution to this conflict. I see the need for enduring work at the UNSC, as well as tight cooperation between the countries involved, especially Pindostan and China.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s