nazi england is the only ‘civilized’ country that backs pompeo and his masters

Pompeo declares “military response” to Iran “being considered”
Peter Symonds, WSWS Jun 17 2019

Pompeo yesterday continued the Trump administration’s belligerent threats against Iran, declaring in an interview on CBS Face the Nation that Pindostan was “considering a full range of options.” Asked if that included “a military response,” he declared “of course.” Pompeo blustered his way through the interview, dismissing any suggestion that Pindostan had no evidence to prove that Iran had attacked two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman last Thursday. He insisted that a grainy video released by CENTCOM showed a small boat of the IRGC approached and removed an unexploded limpet mine from the Japanese-owned Kokuta Courageous. Last Friday, Yukata Katada, the president of the Kokuka Sangyo shipping company that owns the Kokuta Courageous, rejected the claim that the ship had been damaged by limpet mines, saying:

The crew are saying it was hit with a flying object. They saw something flying toward them, then there was an explosion, then there was a hole in the vessel. Then some crew witnessed a second shot.

Confronted with these remarks yesterday on Fox News Sunday, Pompeo simply dodged the question, declaring:

The intelligence community has lots of data, lots of evidence. The Pindo creeple should rest assured we have high confidence with respect to who conducted the attacks.

He provided no evidence or data. He gave a similar response when asked on CBS about comments by German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas that the video was “not enough.” In a not-so-subtle swipe at Germany, Pompeo baldly declared:

He has seen a great deal more than just the video. There are countries that just wish this should go away, and they want to act in a way that is counterfactual.

Germany is not the only country to question the lack of evidence. Japan Today reported yesterday that the Japanese government had also requested further proof. A senior government official said:

The Pindo explanation had not helped us to go beyond speculation.

Another source close to PM Shinzo Abe told the website:

These are not definitive proof that it’s Iran. Even if it’s Pindostan that makes the assertion, we cannot simply say we believe it. The attacks on the tankers took place as PM Abe was meeting with Ayatollah Khamenei. The attacks severely affected the prime minister’s reputation. Making mistakes when determining facts is impermissible.

Clearly Japan and Germany simply do not believe the Pindo allegations and suspect that the incident could well be a provocation organized by Pindostan or a vassal to provide the justification for war against Iran. Commenting on Pindo claims that the sophistication of the attacks proved it was Iran, a Japanese foreign ministry official told Japan Today:

That would apply to Pindostan and Israel as well.

Pres Rouhani emphatically denied any involvement in the incident and stated:

Pindostan is a serious threat to the stability of the region.

In what amounts to a blunt threat, Pompeo implied that the threat of war would force other countries to line up with Pindostan. On Fox News Sunday, he noted that and boasted:

Very little of our crude oil comes through the Gulf. Other countries, such as China, Japan, SK and Indonesia are highly dependent on it. I am confident that when they see the risk to their own economies and their own people, they will join us.

At this stage only Britain and several Gulf States have backed the Pindo claims. MbS declared over the weekend:

We will not hesitate to deal with any threat to our people, sovereignty and vital interests.

Yesterday, Pindo F-15 fighter jets flew in formation with Toad warplanes in the Gulf region. On Friday, according to the NYT, Bolton met for three hours with Shanahan and Dunford to discuss the tanker attacks. The Pentagon is reportedly weighing sending as many as 6,000 additional troops to the Gulf region, along with warships and fighter jets. Faschingstein is also trying to assemble an international coalition to provide warships to escort tankers through the Gulf. Asked about these plans yesterday, Pompeo refused to comment. When pressed on CBS as to whether Trump had the legal authority to attack Iran, Pompeo dismissed the suggestion that Congress would have to approve such action, declaring:

The Pindo sheeple should be very confident … we will always do the hard task it takes to protect Pindo interests, wherever they are.

The Trump administration is engaged in a reckless drive to war against Iran on the basis of lies. Their military build-up in the Gulf region, including the prospect of military manoeuvres in the narrow Strait of Hormuz, sets the stage for provocations that provide the trigger for a catastrophic conflict that will draw in other powers.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.