typical nazi robot christian fuckup

There was no evidence, but they might have been
Colonel Cassad, Jan 12 2020

It’s beautiful. Sec Def Esper said:

The President never said there was specific intelligence to four different embassies. What the President said with regard to the four embassies is what I believe as well. He said that he believed that they probably, that they could have been targeting the embassies in the region.

According to Senator Lee, members of the White House administration have not provided any evidence to the Senate indicating the threat to Pindo embassies, including in confidential briefings. Lee didn’t know that any of the senators had ever been told that there was any threat to the embassies. “Highly-likely” (Хайли-лайкли) 80% level.

Esper won’t confirm intelligence about President’s claim that Soleimani was targeting 4 Pindo embassies
Devan Cole, CNN, Jan 12 2020

FASCHINGSTEIN – Sec Def Esper on Sunday would not provide intelligence to back up Pres Trump’s claim that Iran’s top military general was planning an attack on four embassies in the Middle East before he was killed by Pindo forces. Esper told Jake Tapper on CNN SOTU:

The President never said there was specific intelligence to four different embassies. What the President said with regard to the four embassies is what I believe as well. He said that he believed that they probably, that they could have been targeting the embassies in the region.

In a separate interview for CBS Face the Nation that aired Sunday morning, Esper told Margaret Brennan:

I didn’t see one with regard to four embassies.

He added that Pindostan had “exquisite intelligence to an attack on the Pindo embassy in Baghdad,” words he did not repeat regarding the concerns about the other embassies. Pressed by Jake Tapper on CNN SOTU about the President’s claim, Esper said:

What the president said was he believed it probably could have been. He didn’t cite intelligence. I believe there were threats to more than, to multiple embassies. That’s why we reinforced embassies with additional troops.

Esper’s comments on Sunday follow Trump’s claim in a Friday interview on Fox News:

I can reveal that I believe it would have been four embassies. (not “I believe that I can reveal” – RB)

Pindo forces killed Soleimani earlier this month in a drone strike that heightened tensions between Faschingstein and Tehran. Trump said at a rally in Toledo on Thursday:

Soleimani was actively planning new attacks, and he was looking very seriously at our embassies, and not just the embassy in Baghdad, but we stopped him, and we stopped him quickly, and we stopped him cold.

But questions have continued to swirl about the intelligence the administration used to justify the strike, with lawmakers on both sides of the aisle raising concerns in recent days. Several Demagog Congress critturs who attended a briefing last week from Esper and Pompeo said that if the rationale for killing Soleimani were the threats Trump has shared, they hadn’t bothered to tell them. Sen Chris Murphy said in a tweet:

Let’s be clear. If there was evidence of imminent attacks on four embassies, the administration would have said so at our Wednesday briefing. They didn’t.

Sen Tim Kaine of Virginia said about the four embassies claim:

That’s news to me, based on sitting through that hearing yesterday.

Asked during his Sunday interviews about why the specific intelligence was only shared with the “Gang of Eight,” Esper said on CNN:

I spoke to one of the briefers. One of the briefers told me was that most, nearly all of the members of that ‘Gang of Eight’ believe that the intelligence was persuasive as well, and that it should not be shared with the broader membership because the concerns that it could reveal our sources and methods.

The Pentagon has deployed thousands of additional troops to the Middle East in recent days to help bolster the security of Pindo personnel and facilities, including Pindo embassies in Baghdad and Beirut.

Esper says he ‘didn’t see’ any intel on alleged Soleimani embassies plot
JoeSommerlad, Independent (UK), Jan 13 2020

Pindo Sec Def Esper meanwhile appeared on the Sunday talk shows and admitted he “didn’t see” any intelligence indicating Gen Qassem Soleimani was plotting to bomb Pindo embassies in the Middle East prior to his assassination, provoking fresh concern about the administration’s motives for going ahead with the killing. Esper said on CBS Face the Nation yesterday he had not reviewed evidence indicating Soleimani posed an “imminent threat” to Pindos, despite the Pentagon previously saying the head of the IRGC Quds Force was “actively developing plans to attack Pindo diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region.” He appeared to cast doubt on Trump’s claim that the Iranian general had been working on plans to attack four Pindo embassies at the time of his death, made for the first time in his interview with Laura Ingraham of Fox on Friday night. Independent congressman Justin Amash tweeted after watching the above clip:

Senators Tim Kaine and Mike Lee also said on Sunday that they did not receive any information regarding alleged threats to embassies during that already-infamous intelligence briefing last Wednesday. Kaine said on Face the Nation:

I was at the classified briefing because I’m both an Armed Services and Foreign Relations member. That wasn’t told to us in the classified briefing, nor was there a suggestion that multiple embassies were threatened.

Chris Riotta has this report.

Trump’s own Sec Def admits he ‘didn’t see’ evidence of imminent attacks from Tehran
Chris Riotta, Independent UK), Jan 12 2020

NEW YORK – The Pindo Sec Def has revealed he “didn’t see” any specific evidence indicating an imminent threat from Iran before Donald Trump ordered an airstrike which killed Iranian Gen Qassem Soleimani earlier this month. Mark Esper said on Sunday he had not reviewed evidence indicating Soleimani posed an “imminent threat” to Pindos, despite the Pentagon previously saying the head of the IRGC Quds Force was “actively developing plans to attack Pindo diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region. He appeared to cast doubt on Pres Trump’s claim that the Iranian general had been working on plans to attack four Pindo embassies at the time of his death. Esper said in an interview on CBS Face the Nation:

What the president said was he believed that there probably and could have been attacks against additional embassies. I shared that view, I know other members of national security team shared that view, that’s why I deployed thousands of Pindo paratroopers to the Middle East to reinforce our embassy in Baghdad and other sites throughout the region.

Mr Esper was referring to comments made by Mr Trump the night before in an interview with Fox News, in which the president said there “probably would’ve been four embassies” targeted in upcoming attacks from Iran, after the administration linked Tehran to a New Year’s Eve attack on the Pindo embassy in Baghdad. White House officials have also echoed those claims, without providing specific indications as to which embassies or Pindo sites may have been targeted in additional attacks organised by Soleimani. Sec State Pompeo told reporters last week:

I don’t know exactly which minute. We don’t know exactly which day it would’ve been executed. But it was very clear: Qassem Soleimani himself was plotting a broad, large-scale attack against Pindo interests, and those attacks were imminent.

CBS Face the Nation host Margaret Brennan responded to Esper by reciting the president’s own words, adding:

“Probably” and “could have been” … that sounds more like an assessment than a specific tangible threat with a decisive piece of intelligence.

Esper said the president never claimed there was a “specific, tangible” threat and noted he “didn’t cite a specific piece of evidence.” Brennan asked him:

Are you saying there wasn’t one?

Esper replied:

I didn’t see one with regard to four embassies. What I’m saying is I share the president’s view that probably, my expectation was they were going to go after our embassies. The embassies are the most prominent display of Pindo presence in a country.

In another interview with Jake Tapper on CNN SOTU, Esper also suggested he had not seen any specific evidence of an imminent threat, adding only that there was “an intent” to target the Pindo embassy in Baghdad.

Esper contradicts Trump claim Soleimani planned attacks on four embassies
Richard Luscombe, Nazi Groon, Jan 12 2020

Esper (R) leaves a briefing at the Capitol, Jan 8. Photo: Alexander Drago/Reuters

Seeking to explain Donald Trump’s claim that Gen Qassem Suleimani was planning attacks on four Pindo embassies before Pindostan killed him in a drone strike, Esper found himself in the dangerous position of contradicting the president. Asked on CBS Face the Nation if there had been a specific or tangible threat, Esper said:

I didn’t see one with regard to four embassies.

Trump’s claim on Fox News on Friday prompted fierce criticism from Congress critturs who were not briefed before the strike and who say such a threat was not mentioned in a classified briefing on Wednesday. On Sunday, Esper added:

What I’m saying is I share the president’s view that probably my expectation was that they were going to go after our embassies. We had information that there was going to be an attack within a matter of days that would be broad in scale, in other words more than one country, and that it would be bigger than previous attacks, likely going to take us into open hostilities with Iran. We had every expectation to believe this would happen. That threat has been disrupted.

Esper later appeared to row back, telling CNN SOTU:

What the president said with regard to the four embassies is what I believe as well. There was intelligence that there was an intent to target the Pindo embassy in Baghdad.

However, Esper’s insistence that such “exquisite intelligence” was shared with the bipartisan Gang of Eight congressional leaders in a briefing was immediately dismissed by Adam Schiff, chair of the House intelligence committee, who told CBS:

He’s just plain wrong. There was no discussion that these are the four embassies that are being targeted and we have exquisite intelligence that shows these or those are specific targets. I don’t recall there being a specific discussion about bombing the Pindo embassy in Baghdad. The briefing was more along the lines of what Sec Pompeo admitted the other day, that we don’t know precisely where and we don’t know precisely when. That’s not an intelligence conclusion, that’s Pompeo’s personal opinion. When you hear the president out there on Fox, he’s fudging the intelligence.

Trump has also mentioned the threat to the Baghdad embassy as a motivation for the strike on Suleimani, but congressional criticism of his attempts to justify precipitating a crisis with Iran remains. After the classified briefing on Wednesday, Senator Mike Lee of Utah voiced rare Republican criticism of the president. Lee told CNN on Sunday, appearing to back up Schiff’s assertion:

I didn’t hear anything about that, and several of my colleagues have said the same so that was news to me. It certainly wasn’t something I recall being mentioned at the classified briefing.

Pompeo has claimed Congress was briefed fully on the rationale for the strike on Suleimani, “the most perilous chapter so far in Trump’s three years in office”, according to a detailed chronology of the crisis published by the NYT on Saturday. Lee said:

I’m sure there was a mention of at least one embassy in that briefing, because there had been an attack on one of our embassies leading up to the strike on Suleimani.

Asked if he agreed with Justin Amash that Trump was guilty of an abuse of his power in ordering the strike without informing Congress, Lee said:

I don’t doubt there was an imminent attack, but it’s frustrating not to get the details of the intelligence behind it.

Rand Paul was more blunt than his fellow Thug on NBC Meet the Press, claiming Pompeo had given “contradictory information.” Paul said:

We’ve heard from the sec state that they don’t know where or when, but it was imminent. He thinks he can square the circle, but to me it seems pretty inconsistent.

NSA O’Brien parroted the “exquisite intelligence” talking point, telling NBC:

We had exquisite intelligence to show they were looking at Pindo facilities throughout the region and they wanted to inflict casualties on American soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, as well as diplomats. The threat was imminent, I saw the evidence.

O’Brien declined to elaborate because he said the information was classified. Pressed on his definition of imminent, he said: “Soon, quickly.” On ABC This Week, Pelosi accepted Iran had malignant intentions towards Pindostan but questioned the president’s handling of the crisis, saying:

A lot of bad actors are doing bad things and threatening bad things to us, we know that, Iran being one of them and its proxies doing bad things to our interests and the world, but how do we deal with that in a way that calms rather than escalates?

Trump, meanwhile, continued to seek to capitalise on protests in Iran which broke out after the regime admitted shooting down the airliner.

Trump NSA: ‘We’re not going to cut and run every time somebody threatens us’
JoeSommerlad, Independent (UK), Jan 13 2020

Also guesting on ABC This Week was Bolton’s successor, Robert O’Brien, who add this to say on that thorny embassy question after he was asked why the facilities had not been evacuated if an “imminent threat” was really in the wind:

The bombardment of the Pindo airbase Balad
Colonel Cassad, Jan 12 2020

For those who were worried about the Pindo airbase at Balad, north of Baghdad, which came under rocket attack: the base was targeted by 8 rockets, 7 of which hit it, falling on the runway. Four persons were injured: 2 officers and 2 soldiers of the Iraqi army. According to the command of the Pindo coalition, no coalition personnel were injured during the shelling.

Iraqi sources said that a large part of the military personnel, especially pilots and maintenance staff, had been redeployed to other bases over the preceding two weeks. Some were redeployed to bases in Kuwait, and some to more secure bases in Iraq. It is not difficult to guess what the concept of an “insecure base” is in Iraq now. Then at the weekend, a pro-Iranian group warned that the Iraqi military was being kept away from Pindo bases, so as not to accidentally get hit by the air raid.

As expected, after the end of the “official response” will follow the “unofficial response.” Head of the Lebanese Hezbollah Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah today urged action, saying:

I believe that the time has come for the resistance to start its response. It is time for Pindostan to gather its armies and leave our region. I repeat, the only alternative to vertical departure is horizontal departure.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.