nazi trump’s bullshit ‘peace deal’ collapses, as i said it would

Taliban suspends prisoner exchange talks with Afghan govt, recalls negotiators
RT.com, Apr 7 2020

Abdullah with Pompeo in Kabul, Mar 23 2020. Photo: Reuters

The Taliban on Tuesday recalled its negotiators from Afghanistan hours after they suspended talks on a prisoner exchange process with the Afghan government. Suhail Shaheen, a spox for Taliban’s political office in Qatar, cited “intentional delays” in the release of prisoners, violating the peace agreement, The spox stated that the Taliban was recalling its technical team from Kabul. Pindostan and the Taliban signed an accord in February, under which ISAF would withdraw in phases in exchange for Taliban security guarantees. Pompeo on Tuesday said progress had been made since he visited Kabul on Mar 23 to press Ghani and Abdullah to end their feud over the results of disputed elections.

Pompeo Warned Full Troop Pullout on Kabul Trip
Tolo News, Apr 7 2020

NBC News on Tuesday reported that Pompeo during a trip to Kabul two weeks ago on Mar 23, threatened Ghani and Abdullah that Trump might do a complete troop pullout, as well as an cut aid, if the dispute continues. Immediately following his visit to Kabul, the State Dept released a statement saying that because of the failure of the Afghan leaders to end the political impasse, $1b in aid money for Afghanistan would be cut, and funding in 2021 might also be reduced. However, the statement about a complete troop withdrawal was not previously reported. NBC said Pompeo told Ghani and Abdullah they would be held responsible if the president’s peace deal fails, and that Trump has followed through on other threats to withdraw troops and pull financial aid. Pompeo told Abdullah that he must support Ghani, according to officials as quoted by NBC news. This comes after Pompeo’s 7-hour visit to Kabul on Mar 23 where he met with Ghani and Abdullah separately and jointly, but the meetings ended without a result. The Pindo State Dept said in a statement that Pindostan deeply regrets that Ghani and Abdullah have informed secretary Pompeo that they have been unable to agree on an inclusive government that can meet the challenges of governance, peace, and security, and provide for the health and welfare of Afghan citizens. The statement said:

Pindostan is disappointed in them and what their conduct means for Afghanistan and our shared interests. Their failure has harmed Pindo-Afghan relations and sadly dishonors those Afghan, Pindos, and Coalition partners who have sacrificed their lives and treasure in the struggle to build a new future for this country. Because this leadership failure poses a direct threat to Pindo national interests, effective immediately, the Pindo government will initiate a review of the scope of our cooperation with Afghanistan. Among other steps, we are today announcing a responsible adjustment to our spending in Afghanistan and immediately reducing assistance by $1b this year. We are prepared to reduce by another $1b in 2021. Pindostan will also initiate a review of all of its programs and projects to identify additional reductions and reconsider our pledges to future donor conferences for Afghanistan.

Taliban, Govt Forces Engaged in Silent, Unreported War: MoD
Tamim Hamid, Tolo News, Apr 7 2020

The Taliban continue their attacks on Afghan security forces across the country, the Afghan Ministry of Defense said on Tuesday. Sometimes, the Afghan security forces counter-attack, said the MoD. Rohullah Ahmadzai, a spox for the Afghan MoD, said:

Within the parameters of the active defense mode, these Taliban attacks were repelled and massive casualties were inflicted on the Taliban. The group suffered massive casualties in Arghandab district of Zabul province.

The Taliban in recent days has not said anything officially about their attacks on the Afghan forces, and Afghan security officials have said that the government forces are still in “active defense position,” but the security experts say that the two sides are engaging in a ‘silent war’ against each other. Assad’ullah Nadiom, a military expert in Kabul, said:

This situation has caused the Taliban to be more greedy for power, so they have expanded the war. Nothing can deter the Taliban from war unless there is a change in the political situation in Kabul.

The Taliban resumed their attacks on the Afghan forces only a few days after the group signed a peace deal with Pindostan in Doha on Feb 29. Their spox, who recently tweeted about their military activities, now tweets about other issues, including the delayed peace process, and about allegations that government forces are causing civilian casualties. Nazifa Zaki, a member of parliament, said:

We lost a number of our soldiers in Zabul and Takhar provinces, including the fall of a district to the Taliban in Badakhshan which was retaken by the security forces later.

This comes after eighteen months of negotiations in Doha, after which Pindostan and the Taliban officially signed a peace deal on Feb 29 intended to pave the way for the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan in exchange for a number of solid assurances by the Taliban to Pindostan & its vassals. The Pindo-Taliban deal initially caused hope among Afghans that this time there would be peace, but on the ground, the Taliban and the Afghan government forces are still fighting.

Afghanistan peace deal: Taliban walk out of ‘fruitless’ talks
BBC, Apr 7 2020

The Taliban have walked out of landmark talks which were supposed to help pave the path to peace in Afghanistan. A Taliban spox said the first face-to-face discussions with Ghani’s government had proved “fruitless.” Talks broke down over a prisoner swap agreed between Pindostan and the Taliban. It was meant to be a step towards ending the war, but the Taliban say Ghani’s government is trying to delay the release, while Ghani’s government says the militants’ demands are unreasonable. The Taliban spox accused Ghani’s government of delaying the prisoner release “under one pretext or another.” Ghani’s government says it’s willing to release up to 400 low-threat Taliban prisoners as a goodwill gesture in return for a considerable reduction in violence. According to the government’s negotiating team, the Taliban wanted the release of 15 commanders believed to be involved in what were referred to as big attacks. A spox said:

We cannot release the killers of our people.

The prisoner swap, which formed part of the Pindo-Taliban deal signed in February that did not involve the government, was supposed to be a gesture of trust between the two sides. However, Ghani refused to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners under the terms of the Pindo deal, saying the Afghan government had made no such agreement. Instead, he offered the conditional release of 1,500 prisoners. Arguments over the swap, which would also have seen 1,000 pro-government forces released by the Taliban, delayed the start of the talks, due to begin on Mar 10, until Apr 1. Under the agreement, Trump announced 5,000 Pindo troops would leave the country by May and he would meet leaders of the Taliban in the near future. Pindo & NATO troops will withdraw from the country within 14 months, as long as the Taliban uphold their side of the deal. Pindostan also agreed to lift sanctions against the Taliban and work with the UN to lift its separate sanctions against the group. In return, the Taliban said they would not allow AQ or any other extremist group to operate in the areas they control. But Pindo boxtops also agreed to the prisoner swap as a first step in talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban, who are still technically at war. The Afghan government was not included in the talks.

Pindo deal with Taliban breaks down while coronavirus spreads in Afghanistan
Bill Van Auken, WSWS, Apr 8 2020

A “peace” deal concluded between Faschingstein and the Taliban that was supposed to bring an end to Pindo imperialism’s longest war is rapidly unraveling amid rising violence and the failure of the crisis-ridden Kabul regime to carry out a prisoner release agreement brokered by Faschingstein. The Taliban warned on Sunday that the agreement signed in the Qatari capital of Doha on Feb 29 is breaking down under the impact of what it charges are Pindo violations in the form of airstrikes that have targeted its forces and killed civilians. The latest reported airstrike took place early Sunday in the central Afghan province of Uruzgan, leaving at least eight civilians killed and two others gravely wounded according to regional boxtops. The Taliban blamed Pindostan and its NATO-led “coalition” for the attack. In another incident on Sunday, the Taliban charged that an airstrike carried out against a funeral in southern Zabul province killed two civilians. The Afghan Ministry of Defense claimed that its forces had attacked Taliban fighters there after a clash at a checkpoint manned by security forces of the Kabul regime. Warning that its deal with Pindostan was reaching breaking-point, the Taliban stated:

These actions have created an atmosphere of mistrust that will not only damage the agreements, but also force the mujaheddin to a similar response and will increase the level of fighting.

A Pindo military spox dismissed the Taliban charges as “baseless” and insisted that Pindo occupation forces “will defend our Afghan partners if attacked.” Negotiations between the Taliban and the Kabul regime on a prisoner swap have also broken down, with the Taliban announcing that it was withdrawing its negotiating team from the Afghan capital after what it termed a series of “fruitless meetings.” An agreement that Kabul would release 5,000 Taliban prisoners in return for the freeing of 1,000 soldiers, police and other pro-regime elements was part of the deal signed with Pindostan in Doha. It was described as a “confidence-building measure” that was to precede “inter-Afghan” talks that had been scheduled for Mar 10. The Pindo-backed Ghani government in Kabul was not a party to this agreement. The Taliban refused to negotiate with it, regarding it as a Pindo puppet, and Faschingstein tacitly acknowledged this characterization by excluding it from the talks. The Kabul regime subsequently attempted to link the prisoner release to the imposition of new conditions upon the Taliban, including a halt to attacks on government security forces. The Doha-based Taliban spox said that the technical team sent to Kabul would not continue participating in “fruitless meetings,” charging that the release of the movement’s prisoners had been repeatedly “delayed under one pretext or another.” Ghani’s government spox claimed that the Taliban has demanded the release of 15 of its senior commanders held prisoner by the regime. Matin Bek, a member of the government’s negotiating team, told reporters on Monday that the government refused the demand, saying:

We don’t want them to go back to the battlefield and capture a whole province.

The regime is loath to release the prisoners without extracting concessions from the Taliban. It sees them as one of its few bargaining chips under conditions in which the Taliban has gained control over more territory than at any time since the Oct 2001 Pindo invasion that overthrew the Taliban regime. Today, over half the country is either controlled or contested by the Taliban. On Mar 23, Pompeo made an unscheduled trip to Afghanistan, where he announced that Faschingstein was cutting off $1b in aid to the Kabul regime this year and would do the same in 2021 if Ghani & Abdullah did not reach an accommodation. According to a report by NBC this week, he also threatened that Pindostan would carry out a complete withdrawal of all of its troops from the country. Under the agreement signed in Doha, the number of Pindo troops in Afghanistan was supposed to be cut from the present deployment of 13,000 to 8,600 by July, with a complete withdrawal within 14 months. In return, the Taliban pledged to deny the use of Afghan soil by AQ or any other group that poses a threat to the “security interests” of Pindostan & its vassals. The threat of renewed fighting, government paralysis and the slashing of Pindo aid, with foreign aid accounting for 40% of Afghanistan’s GDP, comes amid a mounting threat that the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic will exact a devastating toll on the country’s impoverished population. After more than 18 years of Pindo war and occupation, the country’s health care system is devastated, while over 40% of its 38.4 million people live below the poverty line, without access to clean water or sewerage systems and living in crowded communal dwellings. There are more than 1 million internally displaced persons in Afghanistan as a result of the war, while millions more have fled into exile.

The threat that the coronavirus will sweep the country is based not only on these social conditions, but also on the impact of hundreds of thousands of Afghan migrant workers returning from Iran, having lost their jobs as a result of the coronavirus outbreak and the impact of tightening Pindo sanctions. Iran has one of the highest rates of infection in the world, with over 62,000 confirmed cases and nearly 4,000 deaths. Both figures are believed to be extreme under-estimates. Afghanistan has reported only 423 cases and 14 deaths thus far, but with the near-total absence of testing and the lack of medical care for much of the population, these figures are a fraction of the real toll. In the western province of Herat, on the border with Iran, officials have reported that 41 health care workers from one regional hospital have tested positive with coronavirus. Doctors and nurses there say that they lack personal protection equipment. On Monday, there was the first case of a doctor dying from the disease at a private hospital in Kabul. More than 200,000 Afghans have poured back across the border from Iran since the beginning of the year. At the height of this exodus last month, 15,000 were crossing a day. None of them were checked for symptoms or subjected to quarantines, and they have scattered throughout the country, doubtless many carrying the virus with them. The path for the coronavirus to ravage Afghanistan has been paved by a Pindo war of aggression that has killed or wounded hundreds of thousands of Afghans and laid waste to the entire country, while claiming the lives of nearly 2,400 Pindo troops. While the estimated cost of this war is over $1t, Faschingstein has offered a miserable $15m in aid to Afghanistan to fight the pandemic. Imperialist foreign policy is an extension of domestic policy. Just as the ruling class is shoveling trillions of dollars into Wall Street, the banks and corporations while failing to provided resources to save the lives of the sick or protect those of health care workers at home, so it is prepared to spend $1t on war in Afghanistan, while offering a pittance to stem the tide of the pandemic sweeping over the war-torn and impoverished country.

4 Comments

  1. PB
    Posted April 8, 2020 at 9:18 am | Permalink

    Honestly, if someone (anyone?) got rid of Herman Goering version 2.0 there they may be some hope.

  2. CuChulainn
    Posted April 9, 2020 at 4:44 am | Permalink

    Fat pig squatting coy like a girly man

  3. Posted April 12, 2020 at 10:25 am | Permalink

    indeed, if devil took emetic and laxative in equal proportions, he would have disgorged pompeo and kushner.
    no wonder mcdonald’s tastes good to trump stuck in-between those two, squirt some mustard up your nose donald to ward off the smell.

  4. niqnaq
    Posted April 12, 2020 at 10:29 am | Permalink

    aaargh…

    happy oestrus, guys

    😉

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.